Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Sketchpad: Personal Finance on a Napkin

This is an interesting article I saw in the New York Times Money Section. In a series of back-of-the-napkin drawings and posts on the Bucks blog Carl Richards, has been explaining the basics of money through simple graphs and diagrams.  The aggregated series of drawings can be found in this link.  If I was still teaching some of my Financial Planning and Analysis classes, this would be a good kick-off to each class (with authors permission of course).  





It reminded me of the Dilbert carton by Scott Adams.  There were always good cartoons pertaining to what was going on around me or pertaining to concepts I was teaching.












While both are very entertaining, they do point to some underlying truths.  I want to make sure my readers were aware of this resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis